Monday, September 22, 2008

Nerf Wars

Okay, thank you Ashley for bugging me for not having uploaded any Nerf War photos yet and reminding me that a posting is past due. I've been a bit preoccupied the last couple of weeks, and I'm a bit absent minded to begin with. So here is the one and only photo I took at what was truly an epic Nerf War. It must have lasted close to three hours and darts were flying everywhere.

I had brought the camera with the idea of possibly shooting some photos of the event but when it came time to get down and dirty my hands were busy. I brought two single action guns with me and so even when I wasn't double fisting it I needed the extra hand to constantly reload my gun for the next shot. Jenny's place has proven its self to be the ideal place for such events as there was plenty of cover and multiple rooms to hide and snipe in.

I spent a bit too much time crouching behind cover that day and felt it big time for the next three. I was completely sore and stiff. It took far too much effort to sit down let alone stand back up again.

The only reason I even got this photo was that I had been taking a bit of a beating from both Justin and Dayna (who was getting way too many head shots) and I needed a good offensive strategy to make a quick run and gun attack that would enable me to get a couple good shots in while throwing off their aim. I the realized that I could use my camera flash as a sort of flash bang grenade which has the purpose of stunning the opponent with blinding, unexpected light. It sort of worked. You'll notice that Justin is not shooting at me yet and Dayna has yet to even take aim at me and I managed to hit my target.

That was a fun day. I need more Nerf.

No comments: