Tuesday, March 10, 2009

If Money Were No Object

Here's how much of a geek I am. I think that this is one of the coolest things ever. Running 24 256GB solid state hard drives, very large, very fast drives built on the same technology as your USB and camera memory cards for those of you who may be unfamiliar with what a solid state drive is, in tandem so that they are working as one. Each drive costs around $700 not to mention the very expensive high end computer components that also went into their little test. It all comes together to make one very fast system.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the coolest video! I love the part were they dropped the program out the window in a race against the machine. Now I must ask the question though- if it is possible to make such a durable, speedy machine, why the hell is the computer industry not? Selfish bastards... If I don't speak the right words of love and adoration to my bestfriend, aka computer, and it flips out. I guess that means its a girl... huh...