Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another sketch/drawing to explore the visual style for my story. Thought I'd go with a female character this time around. The great thing about women in film noir is that you can never tell if they are the damsel in distress or a cold blooded femme fatale. A great rule of thumb with women in noir, never trust them. A great rule of thumb with women in real life, never trust them but sometimes you can give them the benefit of the doubt.
This is the rough sketch and starting point.


And the finished drawing. I'm not entirley happy with it but it'll do for now. I'm also not sure about the grey tones in the dress. I'd prefer it stayed pure black and white but I didn't know what else to do with it. It's just an exploratory drawing anyway but I can always go back and try something else if ever I come up with a better idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She looks completely untrustable. Great job!